This course has a central place in the preparation of educationalists to a possible employment in the education of teachers and instructors. The essential part consists of theory and practice in educating teachers.
The course has two parts. The first part tries to bring the students into contact with theory and aimes at giving them insights that are necessary to cooperate as an expert in the education of teachers and instructors. The second part is a practicum. In this practicum, the actual praxis is explored critically, students learn to cooperate in the construction of practice models and skills that are connected with part 1 are trained. The accent is on the developments in professional organizations such as teacher education.
Students are expected to have a minimal foreknowledge concerning education and teaching. It is important that students are familiar with general educational literature and have experience in using search strategies for current scientific literature.
Articles and literature
Toledo / e-platform
Order of Enrolment
This course unit is a prerequisite for taking the following course units:
P0S39A : Internship Education and Training & Development
Is also included in other courses
- Specific Teacher Training in Behavioural Sciences (Specific Teacher Training Programme in Behavioural Sciences) 60 ects.
- Master of Educational Sciences (being phased out as from 2011-2012) (Major: Adult Education and Continuing Professional Development) 120 ects.
- Master of Educational Sciences (being phased out as from 2011-2012) (Major: Orthopedagogics) 120 ects.
- Master of Educational Sciences (being phased out as from 2011-2012) (Major: Schooling and Instructional Sciences) 120 ects.
- Master of Educational Studies (programme being phased out as from 2012-2013) 60 ects.
- Master of Educational Sciences (Option: Education and Training) 120 ects.
The courses leaves from diverse points of view on expertise of teachers and instructors that are expressed both in praxis and in scientific research. Special attention is given to the cognitive and constructive view that is dominant in contemporary research. The course works with analyses and problems from educational contexts in teachter trainings.
- didactics on the training of teachers and instructors in the perspective of a 'constructive' view on educational behaviour and expertise from concrete problem situations in the teacher training. A survey from current research within the teacher training and the application of results in education/training.
The role of competence-aimed assessement within competence-aimed training for teachers.
Subjective educational theories and professional understanding of teachers and instructors 'in education' and starting teachters and instructors.
Expertise in functioning in an organisatory frame (class, school, education as macro-structure).
Expertise with regard to evaluation in higher education from a constructive angle.
Critical exploration of the current praxis with regard to the training of teachters and instructors (incl practice visit): concerns of teachers and instructors 'in education' and starting teachters and instructors.
Part 2: Practicum:
Training in expertise of controling skills that together constiture the complex skill 'educating' (observation; construction of problem tasks, construction of assessment policy; construction and use of competence profiles, aspects of educational policy, etc.)
Expertise in controling the personal cognitive functioning based on metacognitive knowledge and skills.
Training of skills for future and starting teachers and instructors (which includes the above attainments).
Description of learning activities
In the 3 following substantial parts the work form varies; it will include guided self study, problem controled education and construction-aimed education. The accent will be on independence, team work and the use of information technological tools. Theory and practicum are integrated. Within the learning activities the students themselves will have to aim at solving problems, collecting information, reflection and discussion.
Articles en literature
Overall toets/Kennistoets/ Productevaluatie met co-assessment.
Producten op basis van het cooperatief werk in onderwijsgroepen; open boek examen waarin problemen worden voorgelegd ter oplossing op basis van vooraf aangeboden casusmateriaal (OverAll toets)
Overall test/ knowledge test/ product evaluation with co-assessment.
Products based on the cooperative work in educational groups; open book exam in which problems are represented to solve, based on casus material that is offered beforehand (OverAll test)