Acquiring insight into and knowledge on the functional part of the different subsystems of a vehicle and their coherence, with attention for mechatronic aspects. Students should be able to critically analyze a vehicle system, show that they have insight into the functionality and underlying laws of the discussed system, and prove that they are familiar with the state of the art of the matter.
The course is limited to the vehicle - engine-technical and energy-related aspects are nog dealt with. Only road and rail transport is discussed.
Knowledge of machine construction, control theory, drives, kinematics and dynamics.
Articles and literature
Slides, transparencies, courseware
Toledo / e-platform
Is also included in other courses
- Master of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering (Vehicle Technology) 120 ects.
- Overview of mechatronic systems in a vehicle
- Drive line in road vehicles: manual/automatic transmission, 4WD, power management
- Passive safety in road vehicles: crash-tests, regulations, airbag, crash warning
- Active safety in road vehicles: ABS-EBM (Electronic Brake Management) - ASC (Automatic Stability Control, ESP)
- Transport control in railroad vehicles (signalization, monitoring)
Course text completed with articles and transparancies.