Order of Enrolment
You may only take this course if you comply with the prerequisites. Prerequisites can be strict or flexible, or can imply simultaneity. A degree level can be also be a prerequisite.
STRICT: You may only take this course if you have passed or applied tolerance for the courses for which this condition is set.
FLEXIBEL: You may only take this course if you have previously taken the courses for which this condition is set.
SIMULTANEOUS: You may only take this course if you also take the courses for which this condition is set (or have taken them previously).
DEGREE: You may only take this course if you have obtained this degree level.
SIMULTANEOUS (H03E1A) OR SIMULTANEOUS (H03E1B)
The codes of the course units mentioned above correspond to the following course descriptions:
H03E1A : System Identification and Modeling
H03E1B : System Identification and Modeling
Is also included in other courses
1. What is a measuring system?
- What is measuring?
- What are the basic components of a measuring system?
- What are the characteristics of an ideal measuring system?
2. Spectral Measurements
- the scanning spectrum analyzer, filter banks (analog measuring instrument)
- real-time spectrum analyzers (digital measuring instrument)
- Fourier analyzer (digital measuring instrument)
3. Signal conditioning, anti-alias, discretization in time and amplitude, DFT (synchronization, alias, leakage)
4. Calibrating: basic steps of the calibrating procedure
5. Measuring transfer functions:
- Analog methods (amplitude and phase measuring)
- Broadband measuring (digital measurements): choice excitation: periodical, pulsed, random excitation, increasing the measuring quality by equalizing in the time and frequency domain, variance analysis of transfer function measuring, the origin of systematic errors through wrong use of noisy measurements.
6. Computer-controlled measurements: In this part, the different aspects/concepts of a computer-controlled measuring system will be discussed. General aspects, used paradigms (4GL, such as Labview, transport layer abstraction such as VISA, use of an environment such as MATLAB), Troubleshooting: the logic state analyser for timing and state measurements.