Order of Enrolment
This course unit is a prerequisite for taking the following course units:
H03F6A : Practical Training in Industry / Industriële stage: elektrotechniek
H05W9A : Bedrijfservaring: elektrotechniek
H05B9B : Advanced Platform Architectures and Mapping Methods for Embedded Applications
H09K1A : Design of Digital Integrated Circuits
H09L9A : P&D Electronics and Integrated Circuits / P&O elektronica en geïntegreerde schakelingen
H09M0A : P&D Embedded Systems and Multimedia / P&O ingebedde systemen en multimedia
Is also included in other courses
- Master of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (no new enrolments in 2012-2013) (Engineering) 120 ects.
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Science in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 120 ects.
- Master of Engineering: Biomedical Engineering 120 ects.
- Master of Engineering: Electrical Engineering (new programme, starts in 2011-2012) 120 ects.
- Master of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (new programme, starts in 2012-2013) (Option: Nanoelectronic Design) 120 ects.
The different design steps, the terminology and the supporting design methods and tools will be illustrated in the lectures. Different target platforms will be explained.
The goal of the course is to learn the different design steps involved when translating a specification into an implementation of an electronic system.
Course reader, copies of slides, conference and journal papers
Powerpoint slides and copies of the material are available on Toledo.
Course reader is available from VTK
During the exercise sessions, students will learn to work with a typical hardware design environment.
The purpose of the exercise sessions is to get hands-on experience with hardware description languages and with the different design steps.
Material is available on Toledo.