Master of Advanced Studies in Theology and Religion
Master of Arts
EducationThis programme is also offered in English.
ObjectivesThe curriculum aims at deepening the insights obtained during the initial master's programme, with the focus on an interdisciplinary study of the Christian traditions in the context of a multicultural and multi-religious society and world.
The programme's aim is to prepare the student for independent research in Theology and Religious Studies through intense contact with research activities and the writing of a research paper in preparation for a doctoral dissertation.
At the end of the programme, the student is expected to have acquired:
- a solid expertise in theology as a whole;
- the capacity to engage in independent theological research and to pass on acquired attitudes and knowledge;
- the capacity to formulate a relevant research issue in Theology or Religious Studies and to develop an appropriate method of argumentation;
- a specialisation in a particular discipline (and thus a fundamental familiarity with sources, problems and methods) with a view to making a contribution to the study of Theology;
- the capacity to apply acquired knowledge in the context of church and society;
- an insight into the relationship of faith and religion with the current social, cultural and historical context;
- the ability to produce a research paper and present it in a comprehensible way.