Master en médiation interculturelle: identités, mobilités, conflits
FormationDo you have an interest in intercultural mediation and a desire to travel to far-flung places? The Erasmus Mundus Master in Intercultural Mediation: Identities, Mobilities, Conflicts (MITRA) is your portal! MITRA offers a 24-month programme of study in (at least) two European and non-European countries. Participating countries include: Belgium, France, Ireland, Romania, Senegal, Mexico, Poland and Brazil. Students receive comprehensive training in intercultural mediation, taught at an advanced academic level, and have the opportunity to apply this training in fieldwork. MITRA aims to prepare a new generation of experts in migration, integration and management of cultural and linguistic diversity, with a particular emphasis on ethics. Depending on the chosen curriculum, students will be granted a dual or triple Master's degree.
The Erasmus Mundus Master in Intercultural Mediation: Identities, Mobilities, Conflicts is an initial Master's programme. You can follow this programme on a full-time or part-time basis.
ProfilTo qualify for admission, applicants must possess a degree of 180 ECTS in the arts, languages, law or social sciences or possess another degree with professional experience. Proficiency in English and French is essential. Students must be interested in migration, integration, management of cultural and linguistic diversity, and ethical issues.
For specific admission requirements, click on the desired programme in the 'Choose your courses of study' section.
ObjectifsMITRA is an integrated and interdisciplinary Master's programme situated in the human and social sciences that aims at instructing current and future specialists working on the policy of crisis and conflict situations and the management of diversity and territories.
Graduates of the programme possess the following knowledge and skills:
- an understanding of the foundations of interdisciplinary theories on intercultural mediation and the dynamics of territories, and an ability to apply them in practice;
- an ability to use participatory, analytical and policy methodologies in the field of intercultural mediation and the dynamics of territories;
- an ability to interpret and valorise context-related trends that determine diversity policy;
- an ability to evaluate projects presented by different organisations (among which NGO's and governmental institutes);
- an ability to give advice in the field of negotiations and mediation in conflict and crisis situations;
- an ability to provide expertise in the field of intercultural mediation and the guidance of delocalised persons and groups;
- an ability to assure an effective policy in the whole of relations within organisations and national and international institutes that work on mobility.
Après la formationGraduates become part a new generation of experts in migration, integration and management of cultural and linguistic diversity, with a particular emphasis on ethics. Professional opportunities await in NGOs, intergovernmental organisations, government institutes, advocacy groups, international institutions and consultancies.
Sessions d'informationKU Leuven organises a Verderstudeerbeurs each spring. In addition, faculties also organise information sessions for many of their bridging and graduate programmes.
All information sessions for (future) Master's students