Doctoral Programme in Economics
- Doctum colloquium consisting of a number of courses from the Master of Science in Advanced Studies in Economics programme
- PhD courses
- Reading courses offered by the Faculty
- Seminar series at the Department of Economics
- PhD courses taught by guest professors and offered by the Faculty within the framework of established interuniversity PhD networks
Research support activities:
- Discussing the doctoral proposal and regularly reporting on progress
- Presenting preliminary results in research workshops
- Participating actively in international conferences and research seminars
- Publishing articles in international journals
ProfileThe programme targets highly motivated graduate students with a strong interest in pursuing an academic career and/or in undertaking research in economics. The programme builds on undergraduate studies in economics. To supplement their previous studies, students may be required to undertake an individual "doctum colloquium", consisting of courses from the Master of Science in Advanced Studies in Economics programme. Students who have obtained a Master of Science in Advanced Studies in Economics degree from KU Leuven with distinction (70%) or higher will be exempted from the doctum colloquium.
Students should have a keen interest in recent analytical developments in economics and the desire to work in research positions at universities, businesses and national and international institutions.
For specific admission requirements, click on the desired programme in the 'Choose your courses of study' section.